Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

My Bionic Assignment

Concept.
I enjoyed my bionic assignment. My primary inspiration for my assignment was sea shells. Their beautiful organic structures attract me. The site for the assignment was at the bank of Rhine river of Colonge, Germany. The site exiting views of the city. The program was to accommodate a temporary exhibition titled "Save our World". The exhibition has four parts: humanity observes, humanity alarmed, humanity thinks, humanity acts.
I worked with the section of a sea shell and juxtapose arcs with it to find a shape which finally incorporates the program. The material was pvc coated polyester since it is suitable for temporary structures as well as has good fire rating and supporting structure was steel arch space frame.
Site.

Shape finding.
Structure.
Exhibition space.
Day renders.
Night renders.

No comments:

Post a Comment