Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Architecture assignment, September 2011

My presentation page.
Beloved Pro. Robert Off, course teacher of Architecture, asked us to submit a membrane structure for a railway station in Ethiopia. Ethiopian climate and culture should be considered for this project. I started with a idea of water harvesting in Ethiopia since there were several droughts in Ethiopia killing millions of people. My idea was to design eye loops as funnels to collect water in rainy season and use it in dry season. These eye loops were clamped with transparent ETFE foil, so that Sunlight can penetrate in the station. My another idea was also to create a transient play of light and shadow within the station since Ethiopia was located near the equator and had bright sunlight. I arranged these eyeloops along the railway platform and these eyeloops are connected with water collecting channels.

2nd page with patternig and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment