Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Europe Tour Part 01

It was a great Europe tour.I traveled so many places. I visited four countries Germany, Belgium, France and Netherlands. I started my journey from 6th March 2012 in Dessau, Germany where I attended my 3rd semester in IMS. Then me with some of my Indian friends made a trip to Munich on 18th March, it was a "membrane tour". We stayed there for three days and visited Olympic stadium, Allianz Arena, BMW Welt. We also visited a material exhibition at Messesee, Munich.
Then on 21st March I traveled to Antwerp, Belgium for my Internship training in Nomad Concept. Antwerp was a great city. There were so many things to see, luxury shops and nice pedestrian walkways in Meir street, great plaza of Grote Markt, 572m long pedestrian tunnel under the river Scheldt, greatly sculptured Antwerp Cathedral with a huge tower which could be seen from all parts of the city were some of the jewels of the city.
Antwerp at night, Meir Street.
Antwerp at night was spectacular. Roads and walkways were flooded with light. There were fountains illuminated with light. Some significant buildings were also washed with light. There were diamond shops in Antwerp. Lights from glittering diamonds also add more lights to city fabric. It was very pleasing to walk around at night and enjoy the beauty of the city.
There were some architectural jewels in Antwerp like MAS museum of Antwerp which was a great modern museum, Antwerp Courthouse by Architect Sir Richard Rogers was another great architecture to visit and the Centraal Rail Station of Antwerp was truly magnificent with its huge vaulted lobby. It was a nineteenth century architecture but a new extension with modern design was built which was also very impressive and spectacular.
Centraal Rail Station Antwerp, Belgium

MAS Museum Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp Courthouse by Architect Richard Rogers
I will never forget my stay in Antwerp for 2 months. It has so many things to remember but the breath taking view of Antwerp at night from the bank of the river Scheldt was unforgettable.
I also visited other cities of Belgium like Ostende, Ghent, Leuven, Tongeren, Turnhout, Mechelen, Liege, Brugge and Brussels. Liege rail station was a magnificent structure designed by Architect Engineer Santiago Calatrava. Ostende was a beach town where I saw blue north sea. Central African Museum at Terfuren Brussels was great.

Me at Liege rail station

No comments:

Post a Comment