Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

MM04 Structural Design and Detail: Assignment


The railway station for Ethiopia is consist of series of eye loops supported by steel columns and cables. The eyeloops will reflect light and collect water in rainy season. The project was developed in previous semester in MM01 Architecture. In this semester Imran. Siva and me worked as a group, I led architectural part, Imran bhai and Sivaji did detailing part. Here we made some changes such as concrete columns has been replaced by steel columns for flexibility and at both end additional columns has been added to reduce deflection in fabric. Eyeloops will covered by translucent fabric.

Page-01 Form finding

Page-02 Wind load and stress distribution check

Page-03 Deformation and Detailing


Page-04 Corner plate design

2 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I’m hoping
    the same high-grade web site post from you in the future also. Actually your
    creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own web site going now.
    Really blogging is spreading its wings and growing fast. Your write up is a great example.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your overwhelming appreciation......its inspires me a lot.

      Delete